sntv's 2020 Key Sporting Moments
Although 2020 saw many of the most anticipated sports events cancelled, this year has still been able to provide some memorable sporting moments. We take a look back at the last 12 months, at the highs and lows to some of the extraordinary and inspiring sporting stories that have taken place this year.
- Fans of Kobe Bryant remembered the basketball legend outside his second home at the Staples Center in Los Angeles
- Kansas City Chiefs won Super Bowl LIV, ending a 50-year wait for their fans
- Life and sport took a momentary pause due to COVID-19
- Athletes and sports fans got creative with their workouts, as lockdowns continued across the world
- As live sport started to return, sports leagues around the world used technology to connect with their fans
- Liverpool fans gathered at Anfield to celebrate the club's first league title in 30 years
- The Olympics were meant to start on 24 July 2020, unfortunately due to COVID-19 it had to be postponed
- Athletes continued to use their voices to send a united message that Black Lives Matter and there is no place for racism in sport
- Tadej Pogacar won the Tour De France, as a small number of masked fans lined the Champs-Elysees
- Rafael Nadal the ‘King of Clay’ won his 13th French Open title
- The iconic Diego Maradona passed away, leaving a mass of fans heartbroken
- Anthony Joshua retained his world heavyweight titles by beating Kubrat Pulev
We look forward to 2021 and the great sporting events that are to come. As always sntv will be inside every story.