sntv Insights – FIFA Women's World Cup
With the FIFA Women's World Cup kicking off tomorrow, we take a look at some of the key stories during the build-up to the tournament taking place in Australia and New Zealand, including our self-shot news coverage, including team previews.
We take a deeper look at our coverage of the FIFA Women's World Cup which focuses on content usage insights and stats.
- In the build-up to the event, stories shot and distributed by sntv were used by 140 media outlets in 58 different markets.
sntv's news content was used the most by media outlets in the USA, France, Vietnam, Qatar, South Africa and across Sub-Saharan Africa.
The top 25% of markets also included Spain, South Korea and the UK. Outside of these top markets, coverage was also popular in Australia, Brazil, China, Germany, India, Mexico, Morocco, Sweden and the UAE.
sntv's preview of the USA team, favourites for the tournament, recorded the most media engagement to date. Previews of host nations, Australia and New Zealand, are the fourth and seventh most popular stories, while previews of Zambia and Jamaica recorded significant interest.
Here are some of the most used sntv stories:
- USA team preview ahead of the 2023 Women's World Cup
- Zambia team preview ahead of the 2023 Women's World Cup
- Jamaica welcomed to Melbourne after arriving for the Women's World Cup
- Australia team preview ahead of the 2023 Women's World Cup
- Brazil depart to Australia for the Women's World Cup
- "Can we win? I mean, why do you think we're here?" USWNT arrives in Auckland for the Women's World Cup
- New Zealand team preview ahead of the 2023 Women's World Cup
- Canada team preview ahead of the 2023 Women's World Cup
- Germany team preview ahead of the 2023 Women's World Cup
- China's WWC squad receive a warm welcome in Adelaide
Additionally, we ran the phrase ‘women’s world cup’ through Google Trends and looked for how many searches the phrase has had over the last 90 days. The results show that the number of Google searches is growing in the build-up to the tournament, and in the last 90 days interest has tripled .
As a global sports news video partner, sntv is committed to covering sports across the globe. If you want to hear more about how we can help with your coverage plans, please contact us.
Keep up to date with all our latest insights by following our LinkedIn profile.
 Google Trends (2023) Google Trends. Available at: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2023-07-13T00%202023-07-19T00&q=Women%27s%20world%20cup